Sunday, July 24, 2016

What a Great Month

Well, this has been such a great month
Its always filled with lots of family time and sunshine, which are my favorite things. So the 4th of July was great as always with The Cook family. Baylor, Aynslee & Tyrik had a bad cold for a couple of weeks before that, which totally set off the asthma. The two older finally got over it, but Baylor ended up at the Dr. The Friday before. I was grateful the antibiotics started to kick in by the 4th. Wylie & Ryland went to a basketball camp that weekend and really enjoyed it. Loris family was down for the 4th. They have all grown so much. Avery & Saylor are officially taller than me. It is so weird to have the big group of teenagers now. Its so different than just having little kids around. It is really fun to see how much they love their cousins though. I have realized over this past month, just how lucky I am to be part of the Cook family. I appreciate their strength, their examples, how much they can accomplish and how much fun they are. So Lori and Tom left after the 4th, but their kids stayed, which was fun for our kids. The week of Lamb Days Spencer & I drove up on evening Nx bought a motorcycle for him from a guy off of KSL. He was excited. The kids did great in the Lamb show this year. They all improved in showing and their lambs were really nice, but didnt quite make it to the top (the two boys lambs were both 3rd in their class). Kaylese won showmanship overall in her age group, which was exciting! She was the Little Miss Lamb Day queen also, so she was on the float in the parade, then ran back and got in to be in the parade again with the Cooks ( Marian & Tracy's little sheep camps). The kids had a lot of fun doing that again. They even had shirts with their grandkid numbers on them. The Lamb sale wasnt so good. They sold them for a lot less this year. Hopefully things will change for the future. The kids had a fun day playing  with cousins at the park and my Mom & Dad Masters came to spend the weekend, which was a great help and lots of fun for the kids. I always enjoy having them come so much. My Mom & I made the cutest sheep cupcakes for the lunch, which was fun. The parade I think, was the best yet, because they had so many sheep camps in it. Tracy had his Dads sheep camp put up on top of the Bank building he owns on Main Street and he had some really neat panels put up that are metal pictures of old sheep herders. Really neat! I always love the fireworks, it's my favorite part.
The week after Lamb Day, my Aunt Fae, her son James, my Aunt Gretchen, and her grandkids Brylee, Taylee & Jeffrey came to visit from Vegas. It was so much fun! We took them to Maple Canyon, a rodeo in Fairview, which James and Wylie ended up doing the hide race in. It was hilarious. Brent Daniels(Marian's brother) talked them into it. He even let Kaylese ride his horse around the arena. She was in heaven. We even went to the Drive Inn movie. I enjoyed having them so much! I love and miss them all of the time. My kids loved having them here. They played so well together and got along so great. Brylee is a beautiful girl, inside and out. My Aunt Gretchen adopted she and Jeffrey and is in the process of trying to adopt Taylee because my cousin Blythe has been on drugs for years. Its one of the saddest things ever. I grew up playing with her all of the time. She was one of my closest cousins. I still love her and pray for her. I still have hope that she can overcome this addiction someday. Anyhow, I was so grateful they came. It made for such a great visit.
The next weekend was the Cook family reunion. It was a really good one this year. Its one of the first times we stayed over night up there as a family for a couple pf years, which the kids loved. I ofcourse got no sleep because of Baylor, but thats what kids do everytime we go camping. Oh well. It was a great reunion. They opened the time capsule, which we put pictures and letters in 15 years ago. The neatest was the letter that Grandpa Cook put in there, for his whole family to read. What a neat thing to read about his testimony and tribute to his family. I had written a letter about where Spencer and I thought we would be and what we would be doing. It was funny because I said I hoped we had 6 kids, he said 4 maybe. I also said two of the names I liked were Kaylese and Wylie. Funny how those things came to pass. I really enjoy the Cook family and the strong heritage they have. What a neat family I married into. Millers Flat is such a beautiful place! I wish we could talk some sense into those that want to sell it. Grandpa Cook told of the hard work and years it took him to purchase it. I will be so sad to see it go. I hope they change their mind. Anyways, the next weekend was my brother Cory's wedding. He married a girl from West Jordan. Her name is Emily. They had a fun Bbq the night before and then we did family pictures the next morning. The kids got to swim and play with their cousins because Jeff & Anna stayed at my Moms house with us. Their sealing was beautiful. I am so happy Cory is finally married. I know he has wanted to be married for years. She is really a nice, cute and sweet girl. I think they will be very happy together. That was a good last weekend of summer for my kids. Sad to see it go.

No comments: