Sunday, October 16, 2016

October Already

Wow, well, as usual time flies by too fast. It has been a good two months of school. The kids just ended their first quarter and they all have handled their new grades pretty well. Tyrik has been the biggest surprise. He has done so well in Spanish. He is one of the first to answer in class and has really caught on to the Spanish, so he can already count to 100 in Spanish and say basic sayings. I was worried aboit the work load for him, but he knows what he has to do everyday and does it. I am so impressed at how smart and hard working he is. He does miss seeing his friends from here everyday, which makes me sad, but I am happy with the school and teachers and his progress thus far. Wylie just finished playing his first season of football. He has learned a lot. He was on the kick off team. On one game, he made the best tackle of the game. He is just getting taller and cuter. I kind of wish he wasnt, but the good news is, he doesnt seem too interested in girls yet, so thats good. He misses going to the farm and riding his dirtbike. He wishes so bad he had more time, but with school and football, he hasn't had hardly any. He is doing well in 8th grade. He still works hard. He is now the most sought after boy to use for mowing lawns and or feeding animals and watering when people leave town. He has a few people that ask him regularly and now he just had a couple more. I am proud of the man he is becoming. Last week after I told him that Spencer & I were buying clothing and items to send to those in need to Clancys mission, he went and took out $100. and handed it to me and said "Mom, please use this to get more to send." He continues to amaze me.
Ryland won President of the school and is doing awesome in school. He was excited! He is a great help at home and is excited to start basketball soon. He is getting better and better on his dirt bike. He has so many kids that just love to play with him. He is a great people person.  Kaylese has enjoyed 4th grade so far. They have 3 teachers splitting up the subjects, which I dont love, but I am grateful for how well she has handled it. She just had her friend party on Friday night. It was a Halloween themed party. I made creepy looking food and did a scavenger hunt to feel the different "body parts"(also made of food). Spencer scared the girls while they were in the dark basement just by starting up the chainsaw and he had a mask on. It was hilarious!! On Saturday Kaylese's dream came true. Thanks to Amy Lamb(Spencer's cousin) and Molly(his aunt), we were able to give her a horse. He is a 1 year old colt. She named him Milo. We gave him to her Saturday because that is the only day Spencer has off and Mom and Dad Masters wanted to come for it, which they did, along with Tracy and Marian. Well, we typed up a really nice card for her and thought she could get it after she read it. She didnt. So I took her outside where Spencer and everyone else were waiting with the horse. Kaylese still didnt understand what was going on. She said she thought we were just letting her ride it or something. When she did understand, I will never forget the look on her face. Her jaw just dropped open and she was stunned. She spent the whole rest of the day walking, brushing, petting and loving him. Its a great feeling to see her joy. I really hope that through this, she grows and learns a lot and that having this horse, helps her develop talents and helps her to stay out of trouble as a teen. She is such a beautiful girl inside and out. Her official birthday is tomorrow. Its amazing how much changes in 10 years. We will have her family party and cake and ice cream tomorrow. I love her and am lucky to havr her.
Aynslee loves her weekly playdays with Ellie and preschool. She is becoming quite smart and quitr sassy. ( pretty normal for the age I guess) I am grateful to have her at home with me. She is slowly coming around to the idea of playing with Baylor. They are finally becoming buddies. She can ride her bike without training wheels now. She has been our youngest to learn that.
Baylor has grown a ton. He is getting so much smarter and talks so much. I am sad he is growing up. I wish he would stay a baby for a bit longer. He says " I LUB YOU" now, which melts my heart.
I am so grateful for my life. It is so blessed and beautiful!

No comments: