Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day

Well, today is Mother's Day. It was a great day. My Mom & Dad Masters came for the weekend, which was nice. I had to speak, which was not so nice, but I think overall the Spirit was there and it was a great sacrament meeting. The other speakers were Tony Wood and Cindy Lund. Yes, all the bishopric's wives. Spencer only had bishopric meeting this morning and no other meetings, so that was nice. We had yummy salmon for dinner and oatmeal cake for dessert. Yum. Yesterday was Kaylese's dance recital. She had fun and danced cute. Friday, Spencer was off, so he worked on the yard most of the day. It is looking so green and nice now, after all his hard work. I worked on my talk and laundry. I think I finally have a pretty good routine down now, so I don't have to do it everyday...only 3 days a week. I am going to try and get back to a routine of exercise and reading my scriptures. I read most days, but want to get more out of it, so I am going to try harder to understand them. Thursday night Spencer surprised me with some beautiful flowers and two chairs and a table for the deck. I was excited! It was an early Mother's Day gift. Oh, & on Saturday morning, we were able to go to the temple and do initiatory, which was so nice. So I did go to Nevada for the funeral. It was a quick trip, but I am glad I went because It wasn't very well attended. Her poor cute kids. They are 15, 12, 11, & 8. I can't imagine what Spencer would do and how the kids would fair. I just hope they can and will be strengthened by those around them. Korindi and I went together. It was nice to see her. I brought the three little with me. They were pretty good traveling because they slept a lot, but Tyrik was very bored so he had a hard time. We haven't traveled with him as much as the others, so he isn't used to it. The kids really enjoyed being at Mom & Dad Masters though. They loved the dog and playing outside. I am grateful they are able to see them often enough, that they have a good relationship with them. I am so blessed. Abundantly blessed. We have been blessed with rain almost everyday this last week. It had been so nice. Because of weather and being gone, Tyrik hasn't played a tball game yet, but he will tomorrow. I am so grateful for my families health and strength. I am grateful to be a mother and wife. I love my life and my children. Until next time.

No comments: