Sunday, May 3, 2015

Way too long

Well, I told myself I would do this more often, but here we are. Well, the first thing I wanted to mention is what a great big sister Kaylese is. I went to check on them last week before bed and I heard her whispering to Aynslee "Ok, it's time to say our prayers" Then I listened as she told her what to say. I was very touched and grateful. What a great girl she is. Aynslee and I are both lucky to have her.
So, we ran our half marathon in St. George last weekend. I was actually sad when it was over because we trained and looked forward to it for months. Spencer did well and met his goal time. I did well and felt great until mile 9. That's when my knee started to hurt and it slowed me way down. I was frustrated because I felt like I could have easily ran more than 13 miles breathing wise, but my knee wouldn't let me. It added 19 minutes onto my goal time. I was hobbling by the end and frustrated but, it still felt great to do it and great to finish! I am grateful we did it together. The kids had a fun time and got to go swimming while we were there and my Mom & Dad Masters took care of them during the race and spent time with us after, so for that I was grateful also. It really is amazing to me, that if you simply set a goal and believe in yourself, you can do anything you want.
Tuesday morning Spencer & I took the kids and met Marian & Tracy up to the Payson temple open house. What a beautiful temple. I am so excited for it to be dedicated and I am so grateful my children got to see it.
Friday, Jeffrey, Anna & their kids came to visit. It was so nice to have them come. They were able to go to the temple Saturday and then headed up to Salt Lake that afternoon. Out kids played and had a lot of fun with each other. Aynslee & Jenna were best little buddies, and Jenna loved being babied and carried by Kaylese. I always love having family come.
Today was a pretty good day. My kids were hard in sacrament, but even then, it was one of the best testimony meetings we've had. Many children bore their testimonies and others who don't normally get up. Even Wylie & Ryland got up and shared theirs. It was neat to see. I am headed to Nevada tomorrow. I know, random right? A friend of mine from High School was killed in a car accident. She left a husband and 4 little ones. Breaks my heart for them. Her name was Kelsy Shmutz Carson. I am only staying until the funeral is over Tuesday and then headed back because of the busy week we have ahead. May is already booked, it's crazy.
Well, I am so grateful for such a wonderful family. I am so blessed. I love my parents, siblings, husband and my kids more than they know. I will write again when I am home from Nevada. I know my Heavenly Father loves me.

No comments: