Monday, June 22, 2015

Fun Week in Nevada

Well, it's been a good two weeks. Wylie went to scout camp from Tuesday to Saturday. I think that's the longest I have gone without seeing him, and I really missed him by the weekend. He said he enjoyed it a lot though, so I was glad. Spencer went up Friday morning and spent time with Wylie, and then Winston took Ryland & Tyrik up with him that evening for the Father's and Sons campus and met up with Spencer. Kaylese & I deep cleaned her room. That was so nice to get done. We went and hung out with Jamie & Rianna that night and visited, which was fun. Saturday we worked in the yard, cleaned out the sandbox and mowed the lawn, all before the boys got home. There was an accident at the bottom of Fairview canyon, so the guys were stuck up there for longer than expected. It ended up being a good day. It was nice to have time with the girls. The next Monday, Wylie went for his 10 mile hike with the scouts and then as soon as he was home, we took of to Nevada. We stopped in Toquerville to see my Gr & Gr. Nanny & Papa Byington. My kids haven't been around them much, so I really wanted to visit with them. We followed them to a park, with a fountain in Hurricane. The kids loved the fountains! Even Baylor played in them! We had a good visit, and even Nanny's sister Aunt Pat came. We went to Dairy Queen after and ate with them. It was so fun to see them and see them enjoy the kids.
(My kids crack me up. I was just down telling Ryland & Tyrik to go to bed again & they were both showing me the cool things they built out of Legos. Then Tyrik said " Mom, right here is hard. Maybe my muscles came up from my leg and gave me more muscles on my arm." Oh the funny things kids say. Tyrik idolizes Ryland and because of that, he has learned to build Legos like him. He is actually getting pretty good. Ryland can build amazing things, all from his own imagination. It's awesome! Sorry, had to share, now back to my story.)
So I was grateful we stopped and saw them on the way. We got on the road again and made it to Logandale around 7:00. The kids were very excited! Almost immediately the kids had Grandma working. There was a wagon there, so Aynslee & Baylor had Grandma pull them across the street to the "park" or the school. There are a few playgrounds over there, so the kids loved that. Dad grilled some dinner late, he even made the kids some cookies before bed eaxh night. It was hot, but the kids were so excited! Tuesday morning the kids played with Bretts & Esthers kids and played the x-box. We went to my friend Heather Humes' that afternoon. It was so nice, she has an above ground pool that the kids played in for hours. We were able to visit, it was great! That evening, Grandpa & Grandma took the boys kayaking out on the reservoir. Kaylese got to ride Monroes pony, which she loved! Baylor loved following Summer (my parents' dog) around and giving her hugs. It was so cute. We ate a late dinner again, had some cookies again and went to bed late, it was a fun day! Wednesday, Jesse was off work, so he came and took Ryland & Wylie out to the reservoir again to Kayak. Kaylese wanted to stay and play with Monroe, so she did. My Mom & I took the Littles over to Kim Copes house to swim in her tiny blow up pool and play on the slip & slide. They had so much fun! We had a good visit with Kim. Mike came home a little early and gave the kids all sorts of sugar, so they loved him! That evening, my parents took all the kids expect the two littles out to the reservoir and went kayaking again. They said Tyrik & Kaylese did great & loved it! Baylor & Aynslee & I watched the Mormon Channel, then spent time playing outside until they got back. We read scriptures and prayed with My Mom & Dad, and Jesse and his new girlfriend (who isn't a member) just happened to walk in, so I thought that was neat that she could hear us read the scriptures. Thursday, as soon as we were ready, we drove into Las Vegas to MinaFae's house to visit for a few minutes, then we loaded up and followed her to my Grandpa Zobrist's(my Mom's Dad) Home. We were able to visit with him for a short time, but I was so grateful the kids got to see him and He, them. Then, we headed to my Uncle James' house and went swimming. The kids had a lot of fun! We had pizza and visited, it was great! I am so grateful I got to see them! I wish we could have visited longer, but Baylor was so onery most the day and had had it by then. So we drove home so he could nap and be happy. I miss that side of the family. I love them so much. They are great loving people. That evening, you guessed it, the kids went with Grandpa again! We had another good dinner and cookies :) It was a great time. I came home Friday morning, after stopping for some Father's Day gifts in St. George on the way. We got here around 4:30, so we made good time. The trip was so fun & too short I decided! I am so grateful we were able to go. I love visiting family, it so fullfilling. Especially doing with my kids because my relatives love seeing them so much. Father's Day was nice because Spencer had no meetings for the day, it was great! Marian made a great dinner and we enjoyed seeing the kids play with their cousins. Today Spencer took the kids out to the farm, after their swimming lessons. They will have those for the next couple weeks everyday. I hope they learn a lot. I really wish time didn't have to go by so quickly. There is nothing better than having babies, and little kids, and spending time with family. I love it so much. I am truly blessed and thankful for my full, happy life. God is good. Until next time. :)

No comments: