Sunday, October 4, 2015

Conference Weekend

I have to be honest and say, I always love General Conference, but this time I felt The Spirit so strong and felt so well taught and uplifted, it was amazing. Even through all the crying, screaming, and playing of the kids.
So many spoke of keeping the Sabbath day Holy, also about receiving personal inspiration by being worthy of The Spirit constantly. There were three new apostles called because of the passing of Elder Perry, Pres. Packer, and recently Elder Scott. The new ones called were Elder Rasband, Elder Stevenson, & Elder Renlund. They all spoke and we're deeply humbled by the call. I assumed they would have known for a while now, but it was not so. They were all called this week. No wonder they were feeling intimidated and shocked. They all have beautiful testimonies though and we welcomed sweetly by the others. President Monson spoke only once and by the end of his talk, he was out of breath, and looked as though he were slowly falling. His two counselors grabbed him as soon as he was done. Oh how I love him and feel badly that his health is failing him. I hope he can last longer, he is such a great leader and such a wonderful example of service. So Mom & Dad Masters were able to get 4 tickets to Sunday morning conference. They came Saturday and got up early Sunday and took Wylie & Ryland with them. The boys both said they loved it. Ryland was so excited to see the Prophet speak and see him "in person", as he said. I am so grateful they got to go. We took the others for a drive after the first session up Nebo loop and found a beautiful lookout point on a dirt road. The kids even got out and hiked a little. We all were back to watch the second session. I am so grateful for the technology that makes it possible to watch conference in my own home. It is such a blessing. It was also nice to spend another Sunday with Spencer. Tyrik had a soccer game last week and loves playing now. He is even doing better with reading his words and writing his name. Ryland started football. He is actually really good, but he is so competitive that he gets upset quite easy...I hope he can learn to calm down and enjoy it more. We shall see. I am helping with the wards Super Saturday this year, so I went up Friday and got a bunch of stuff for it. I am excited for make them Chelsea Sloan is the one in charge and then Amy Oliver is helping.  We shall see how it turns out. So Friday I found out two sad things. Russell Allred from here in Fountain Green passed away from cancer. He has three young girls and his wife left behind.  Then Matthew Gifford, Mike & Kim Copes oldest son passed away also. They lost their son Zack to drugs two years and now Matthew to the same thing. I feel so sad for them. I can't imagine going through that as a parent. I also can't imagine losing my husband that young. Some people have such hard trials. I just pray that I can somehow help comfort them. Well, this week is looking like a busy one. May the Lord be with us. I am going to try harder to keep the Spirit with me, and listen to His promptings. I am grateful for my life and my many blessings.
Last weekend was Clanceys farewell. I can't believe he leaves so soon, but I am so proud of him. Until next time :)

No comments: