Monday, January 26, 2015

A great Monday

Wow! Well, this has to be the best day all together that I have had in a while. So it all started by Baylor sleeping through the night lastnight. Ya, that was wonderful. I got up to make Spencer breakfast and surprisingly didn't feel dead like usual. After he left, I read my scriptures and my patriarchal blessing. The baby woke up and I put him in my bed to finish reading. By then, the kids were up. They made it to school on time without a fight(very nice). I had breakfast with the littles when I got back, I took out all the garbages and started laundry. Tyrik did his computer work without a fight. I then ran 2.0 miles on the treadmill without stopping for the first time in years. I watched Chavonne's boys while she went visit teaching. I talked to Korindi for the first time in forever, she is shockingly pregnant. They thought they were done four years ago. I dejunked the girls room and bathroom. I then went onto the boys room and dejunked theirs as well. Yes, they were bad and it took me hours, but it was so worth it. I went to throw something away and realized how warm it was and decided to clean out the suburban. I admit I stood in the sun for a few minutes just to soak it in. Ya, I dont think that has even happened before, warm enough to do anything without a jacket in January...weird. my kids even got to play outside for quite a while because of the weather. We all loved it. I got all of our laundry done and put away, all the girls laundry done and folded and even started some of the boys. Oh, I did a few bills this morning also and transferred a few things. I vacuumed upstairs and the boys room. The kids came in from playing and cleaned the basement. I got the kids bathed & fed, the dishes done and kitchen clean. I had the kids make birthday cards for my Dad while I gave them a FHE lesson on rules/commandments. We prayed, I put them to bed, I then made Spencer a chicken salad for dinner because he worked a long shift and got home late and was starving. I ate my own treat of chocolate strawberries and watched the news for a minute. Got a Visiting teaching appointment set up for tomorrow. Spent time with my honey before he went to bed, and here we are. Whew!!!! I can't believe it all even as I typed it. The thing is, I didn't even mention that I was able to stay calm and happy with the kids and hugged them and helped with homework a little, got them to practice piano, etc... I am so grateful first of all for, answered prayers, second, a good nights sleep, third, sunshine, and fourth, time with my children, without games, practices and such. It all makes such a difference. I am grateful that Spencer is willing to work as hard as he does to provide all of this and make it possible for me to spend the days with my kids. They are the best. They really are. They are smart,funny, patient, forgiving, and kind. They are great kids. I am so grateful for such a great day. I know that Heavenly Father is aware of us and will answer prayers if we ask sincerely. I am so grateful for that. I just hope I can start to have more days like today more often. It gave me hope that I can accomplish a lot and still be a good Mom.

No comments: