Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Tuesday, Wednesday

It's amazing how the week is already half way over. So yesterday was actually Spencer's day off. Of course instead of getting to spend the day with him, I got to take all three littles up to the Dr. instead. Baylor ended up with double ear infections...so sad. I knew he has been in pain, but had no idea it was both and he said they were both bad. He is such a good baby. Even when he is sick. The other two just had bad coughs, but he said their asthma sounded ok. I ran into Hobby Lobby after to grab a board for Wylie's History Fair, that was torcher with the kids, even after five minutes! Tyrik grabbed a large vase after I told him he couldn't buy something and announced loudly in front of two workers " Fine, then I am going to break this!" Ya, you can imagine the looks I got...sigh. That child is really something else, that's all I know. My Mom & Spencer have both told me that maybe he will be my best teenager/adult. One can only hope.
So after we got home yesterday I was on one. Ya, the last few days I have been very short with the kids, feeling frustrated, unhappy, &not to mention tired!! I wasn't very nice though. I feel bad for them when I am like that. Spencer handled it well and did what he could to help. That helped me calm down a bit. This morning I felt a little better rested, not much, but a little. I ran, ok jogged(I really don't run ;-)) for 1 straight mile. I was so happy and proud of myself. I know it sounds dumb, but Spencer & I signed up for a half marathon in April just to motivate us to do something, and that's the furthest I have run since before I had Baylor. I hope I can continue to do well and really be ready for it by April. We will see. Spencer's back keeps him from doing a lot, so he has to be careful. He was just hoping to lose some weight to relieve some of the strain on his back, and hope to run it. I am looking forwars to trying it together. I am just glad we have a goal. So today, I got a lot of my craft stuff out and made some cute Valentine decor for fun. I really felt like I needed an outlet like that to help me get a break from the mundane and to help me enjoy life a little more. I did enjoy it. I am grateful I had the stuff to do it and that they ended up pretty cute. Kaylese was even sweet enough to say "Mom, you are the best decorater ever!" Oh how sheltered my children really are. It still made me feel good. I really think I need to establish more pf a routine that includes doing something one on one with the little ones. Tyrik struggles with boredom during the day and almost always just wants to play a video game or watch a show. It is so hard because with the three older I did so much more one on one with them. With him, it's hard to find it because of both the older ones and the two little ones. He struggles socially and I feel like this is why. I really need to be better at setting apart time for him. He loves preschool and playdays, but when we're home with just us, he really has a hard time. Anyhow, I am tired. I guess I should go to bed. I am so grateful for my kids. They really are the best! I just wish I could be as nice and patient as I want to be all of the time. I am grateful they forgive me even though I am crazy sometimes. Until next time.

No comments: