Monday, January 12, 2015

Onto sick Monday

So I actually ended up sneaking into part of sacrament yesterday for a few minutes because Spencer had to speak. I was so grateful to be able to partake of the sacrament and get a little bit of what was taught. He and Stuart and Bishop spoke on the new theme which is service. A couple of things I was able to get out of it was first, take opportunities to serve your family. Also, that we covenanted to serve one another when we were baptized. I was reminded to put God first. The thing that struck me most was a scripture I have read many times. "Seek Ye first the Kingdom of Heaven and all these things shall be added unto you..." I have been so worried about coming up with ways to make more money or to help make ends meet and when I heard that scripture, it reminded me of what I should really be worried about and focused on. Anyhow, I was grateful for some of the spiritual nourishment I felt sad to be missing.
So today was actually a pretty good and productive day. The three youngest are worse with colds, cough, & asthma, but I was able to accomplish what I desired and needed to for the moat part. It is our 7 year anniversary of moving into this house and Fountain Green today. It also was Dad Masters birthday. Each of the kids left him a voicemail first thing this morning and we mailed cards they made for him and I sent him an email telling him what I admire about him. The 7 yr mark in our home is so crazy to me. It almost felt like life went pretty slow until we moved in here and since then, it just took off at full speed. They have been so great though. Three new babies, three baptisms, all three older kids starting school, and so many other great memories made here already. I am grateful we ended up here. It is a great place with great people. We have been so blessed.
So we went to Wylie's junior Jazz game this evening. It was a good game. They lost by only three points. Wylie was so disappointed in himself, but he really played well and I calmed down after some talking. He is so much harder on himself now than he was before accelerated. I do hope he can realize how good he really is and enjoy it a little more, but we will see. I do have to say, taking all the kids by myself to the games wears me out. It has gotten a little better lately because the older ones help, but tonight was one of those nights that make me never want to do it again. I was a LITTLE frustrated!!! We had a FHE on choices and consequences. Hopefully we can set distinct consequences for certain choices. By doing this, I am hoping it will make things a little easier and eleviate some of our frustrations.

No comments: